Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Update!


Dear Everybody!!!

I would like to share with you some updates on my time here in El Salvador. I have been here in San Salvador for two months now participating in an internship with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). Our main focus here is urban ministries consisting of feeding the homeless, working with boys in orphanages and kids at risk in deep poverty. I learned so much through this amazing experience here, such as: how important it is to build relationships with people and to go deeper then surface level, how urgent it is to spread the Gospel as far as we can because the time is now that we should start worrying about bringing the kingdom, and how living in another culture will broaden the horizon of how we accept others ( I recommend everyone take the time to experience this) Sadly the internship has come to an end, but God has clearly brought me to another exciting opportunity!

I am currently taking the DTS (Discipleship Training School)  through YWAM. The purpose of this school is to challenge people to listen to and obey God, learning expressions of God's heart for the world, to inspire growth in our relationship with God and to further equip one to serve God's plans. This amazing school is set up in two parts: first we have the lecture phase while still participating in several weekly ministries, I am currently working through this phase as we speak! We have new teachers every week, some make long journeys from other countries to teach and some are from right here in our very own El Salvador. I have enjoyed hearing from these pastors, they have already made such an impact on my life and can not wait to see what else God has in store for us to hear.

Then the second phase is the outreach. This is when all the students get to go out and spread God's love and literally take God's word to the needy and we will have more opportunities to live out what we have been learning. I feel very passionate about sharing God's love for His children here and I am confident that God has brought me here for a reason. We recently found out that we will be going to Dominican Republic for part of our outreach project and then to other parts of El Salvador! Please be praying with me for the people of both these countries  that they will be open to God's love.

To be able to complete this incredible adventure, I can not do it alone-thus my reason for writing you. I need partners and a team to be able to fulfill this. The major area of need I have is prayer. I have been learning a lot about the power of prayer and I know God can make the impossible happen. The next area is with my finances, I still need $1,400 to cover all the necessary costs for the remainder of my time here. Would you consider being a part of my team, so we can go together in all of our efforts to spread God's name and overwhelming love? I am not asking for this money for me, because it is not about me at all. I am asking that we come together as a team to be the parts of the body of Christ, to reach the least of these. We are working together in His name and for His world.

You can go here: http://www.gofundme.com/jz6ag. To support me or send a check to Main Street Baptist church,26 North Main StKernersvilleNC 27284, please indicate it is for me. I look forward to keeping you updated on answered prayers and sharing with you what God does through our team.

Thank you for taking your time to read this
love always,
LeAnna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment