" No, I will not abandon you as orphans-I will come to you"
-John 14:18
I was just hanging out with God, when this verse just jumped off the page at me. I don't know why, but it really stuck with me. I've read it before in passing and not ever thought anything of it, but this time it was screaming.
So I was trying to read more into it and understand why this, little simple verse, was grabbing my attention.
Before when I've read it, I just thought, oh cool God will go to all the orphans and homeless and take care of them, that's awesome God, way to go, something that I don't need to necessarily worry about because God has that all under control. sweet.
life is good
BUT this time when, apparently, I was having the same thoughts, something stopped me. I realized it is the God in US, the Holy Spirit in US, that is going to go to the least of these, to the broken homeless, to the orphans and love them.
wait, what?
yeah, God was telling me, when he says these things, when He makes these kind of promises. He is referring to US to ME. The body of Christ-the Holy Spirit living and alive in US, will go to these people and help them, care for them, know them.
So, like, wait?
We can't wait. This is something we as a whole, as a team, have to go out and do. We are not meant to just sit around and wait until the yellow brick road is placed perfectly before us, with flashing arrows pointing the safest way.
*if this was God's intentions for our lives, he wouldn't have given us brains and hearts of our own.
I believe that YOU and I are suppose to go out and do something, because that is what He has promised them, promised us. He has already made the solution to all the problems, all the hurt, all the lost. Its the Holy Spirit driving and thriving in US in YOU in ME.
We are all in this together. This thing of hurt. This thing of family. This thing of purpose. This thing of laughter. This thing of life. So why not help each other out? We don't have to make it so complicated, we don't have to go far.
Because the reality is, we are all starving for something.
life is good
No comments:
Post a Comment