So being here in Mexico is such an eye opening experience to God's beautiful self, I have seen God around the orphanage while working with these kids and when I'm walking down the street or on the bus God is here and some people are choosing to ignore him. It breaks my heart to see all the need that is here, but I find hope in Gods word.
Finally getting here makes me wonder why I didn't do this sooner.
The language is starting to get harder then I hoped, there is still so much that I have to learn and it gets really defeating sometimes. But I am going to keep a positive attitude because I believe that I can do this!
OK so let me just tell you about traveling through this city by myself, well I woke up so excited because this was the big day haha I first walked up the hill and found my bus immediately it was great but then I missed my stop at the metrobus so I just got off at the next metro and called Angie, she is such a blessing because she helped me figure out how to get to church from the metro and then picked me up when I got out. It was quite the adventure on its own.
Church was great, even though I couldn't understand some of what the pastor was saying I could still feel the holy Spirt in the room, worship was very powerful songs. Looking around its like i could feel the passion in the room. I met so many people that were so nice and had a heart for God, It was really inspiring to meet them.
After church and lunch, i was off to travel on my own again back to the salvation army, i did great didn't get lost or anything, very accomplished!
When I got back to the salvation army, we were having a party to celebrate Independence day. There was lots of music and food and games. And we had a guy get up and give a message. It was a great bonding experience with the kids because we got all dressed up and they danced! it was the cutest thing ever i took 29057284574287620487480 pictures.
Alrighty so Monday started my first full week here at the salvation army!
So far I have been in the kitchen a lot cooking and serving food, also cleaning a whole whole lot and helping the kids with homework and making sure they to do their chores.
I helped the kids write letters in English to their pen pals in the States.
Still on Monday our friend Gabo came by (and does every Monday) to give the kids music lessons. And oh my gosh, ask me if that's fun! we all had a blast singing and playing instruments. It was a great time that the kids look forward to and Gabo is a great teacher!
(sorry if this is boring but there's just so much haha)
Tuesday after dinner there were dance classes for some of the kids, only the ones that wanted too, and we went upstairs and danced and that was the time of my life! so fun watching them dance.
I got to ride with the kids to take them to school one day and schools here are wayy different then the ones in the states, they are behind this biggg gate and once you get in its like a big open space with classrooms all around.
Saturday, a group from my orphanage went to another salvation army kinda far away and we were there for a church service type thing, it was lots of music and dramas and testimonies were shared. After the service there was food and games, very fun!
So coming up soon is the Guadalajara games! its very important here.
A group from a college campus church came by and we are practicing for our dances that we will be doing in the STREETS, no that is gonna be sooooooo fun!!! i cant wait! we are gonna get all dressed up and dance and do street evangelism as well. And play games with the kids. We are going to be there for a week and doing a new dance every day, so we are practicing twice a day for this, lots of work but an incredible time!
Soon i will being going to volunteer some at this place called, The Well, it is kinda like a safe house for prostitutes that are trying to get out of the business. So i will be telling you all about that experience soon.
Spanish phrase of the day:¿Puedo tener un poco de pan, por favor? =can i have some bread please?
friend, I am laughing out loud and crying with joy, and more laughing out loud as I read this! I am just so proud of you and to call you a friend. It is refreshing to my soul to hear how God is moving in your life while in Mexico. I can't wait to give you a big hug in 10 days!! Love, Kaylyn
ReplyDelete